Woo Audio WA33 Fully-balanced Headphone Amp/Preamplifier
Have a question, call us at 212-253-5729
For headphone enthusiasts and experienced audiophiles alike.
In 2009, Woo Audio introduced two world-class fully balanced headphone amplifiers––the WES electrostatic amp and the WA22 dynamic amp. Both are preferred choices among the most discerning audiophiles. At Woo Audio, they constantly push the performance boundaries. The newly developed WA33 is a state-of-the-art, fully balanced headphone amplifier that raises the bar in setting a new reference in music reproduction.
The WA33 employs a true fully balanced design in a compact form factor, featuring a quad of 6C45 tubes for the driver that pushes a quad of 2A3 tubes for the power, and all in direct-heated triodes. It delivers high power to drive demanding headphones to their full potential while maintaining a low noise floor for use with highly sensitive models. The WA33 shares the same striking appearance of the critically acclaimed WES, where both amplifier units are independent of the power supply. This approach eliminates any interference to critical audio components. Additionally, our internal coupling architecture (ICA) technology allows the WA33 amplifier to merge with the power supply unit without an external umbilical cord. The ICA shortens the signal path and thus significantly reduces unwanted electrical interference and raises sound performance to a level beyond what anyone has previously experienced in a headphone system.
• Fully balanced design
• Tubes: 6C45 driver x 4, 2A3 power x 4, 5U4G rectifier x 1
• Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) tube sockets
• Push Pull, Class-A, Self-biasing
• Transformer-coupled, Point-to-Point wiring
• Internal Coupling Architecture (ICA)
• XLR input x 2, RCA input x 2
• Outputs: Dual 3-pin XLR (left and right channel), 4-pin XLR x 1 and 1/4″ (6.3mm), XLR x 1 preamp
• User selectable output: pre-amp or headphone
• User selectable HI/LO impedance and HI/LO level for headphone
• Headphones impedance: 8—600 Ohms
• Frequency response: 10Hz— 60kHz, -2dB
• Power output: up to 10 watts per channel
• Signal/Noise: > 95 dB, THD: < 0.05%, 1kHz
• Anodized aluminum chassis, available in black or silver
• Self-biasing with compatible tubes
• Power consumption: 150w
• Voltage: AC 100 – 120V 60HZ or AC220 – 240V, 50HZ, voltage built to destination country
• Dimensions: 17.5″(W), 12″(D), 7.5″(H) without tubes, weight: 53 lbs for Standard, 56 lbs for Elite Edition
The WA33 reveals the most delicate detail with the highest level of refinement. Complex music passages are handled with ease and authority. The expansive soundstage, holographic imaging, and rich tones that are pristine, natural, and vivid create a sense of realism that gives the user a euphoric listening experience. With the WA33, music comes to life.